St Peter’s Anglican Primary has outstanding facilities. The modern buildings provide large double brick classrooms, which are air-conditioned and carpeted. All rooms have a quiet reading/computer room for students, a teacher’s office and a wet area for art. Internal doors or moveable walls link most classrooms.
All classrooms including the Science and Music rooms have Interactive Whiteboards. The school is also well equipped with computer resources. Each classroom also has a minimum of four computers linked to a school network and through this, students can access the intranet, selected areas of the internet, and the print resources of the Information Resource Centre (IRC). The main computer room (28 computers) is located on the first floor of the IRC. Smaller computer rooms are located adjacent to Year 6 and Year 2 classrooms.
Students make good use of the tennis and basketball/netball courts and for less structured activities, there are handball courts, play equipment and covered play areas. Students also have access to a range of good quality sporting facilities nearby for inter-school sporting competitions.
St Peter’s Church (1823)
Our students attend chapel in St Peter’s Church which is Campbelltown’s oldest building and the third oldest church in Australia. It has been a place of continuous Christian worship for over 190 years.
Information Resource Centre (2001)
This centre houses an extensive library collection with a modern computer laboratory on the first floor. The IRC also houses a large ground floor library. Here students can research material from the large array of books provided, or read quietly in one of the reading cubicles located around the perimeter of this circular building.
This building was a prize winning design for the architect, Tony Caro, in the 2001 Royal Australian Architectural Awards.
“The White House” (1887)
This beautiful 1887 building was restored by the school in 2002. The school received an important Heritage Award in 2003. Language classes and instrumental tuition take place in rooms on the ground floor, as well as a variety of other uses.
The School Hall (2010)
St Peter’s was successful in securing a $3 000 000 grant from the Federal Government as part of the “Building the Education Revolution” program. This grant enabled the school to build the hall and three classrooms. The project was completed in September 2010. The School Hall has outstanding acoustic characteristics that enhance the many band, orchestral, dance and drama performances that are regularly staged at the school.